20/80 hero

20/80

Healthy eating made simple

photo-1437750769465-301382cdf094

Confusion in the kitchen

Organic? Low fat? Gluten free? Reduced sodium? The array of food options billed as being good for you can feel overwhelming. If only there were a way to simplify matters, allowing people to enjoy healthy, delicious meals without the stress of complicated choices.

Enter 20/80.

2080-food
Food photography by Thomas Dhellemmes.

Simply delicious. Deliciously simple.

After years of working in the food industry, our client was ready to create her own line of great-tasting, healthy cuisine to go. Her basic concept was brilliant in its simplicity: Use gourmet vegetables for the main ingredient in any dish (80%) and add proteins as garnishes (20%).

2080_Boards-02

20 + 80 = 100% good

Landor translated this formula directly into the brand name, and developed appealing graphics to express it. Each ingredient is represented by a stylized photo or icon, with squares for vegetables and fruits, which make up 80% of the dish, and rectangles for proteins and rich toppings, which make up the remaining 20%.

2080_009

A language all its own

Fresh colors and clean geometric shapes reflect the harmony of this balanced approach to eating, while ample white space generates a feeling of lightness and well-being. Its distinctive visual style makes 20/80 a standout in the crush of competitors.

Using these elegant symbols, any 20/80 recipe can easily be turned into a poster, loyalty card, or other collateral. The icons transcend words, making the system truly universal in application.

2080-macbook-2

Into the market basket

With a strongly differentiated brand and fundraising that exceeded goals, 20/80 was able to expand beyond its original business plan. In May 2016 a flagship retail store opened in Paris, joining the 20/80 catering and food delivery service.

In 2016, Landor’s work for 20/80 was honored with Silver and Bronze Cannes Lions awards for design and a D&AD Graphite Pencil.