Under the direction of a Design Director, the Senior Designer will help to develop design strategy to deliver the best possible creative solution to brief and timings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understanding /awareness of the local aesthetic and culture when creating local and global brands, e.g. type, colour issues, symbols etc. for regions.
- Ensures all correspondence, materials, presentations, proposals, etc., seen by prospective and existing clients are error-free, of highest quality and always relevant to the client’s issues.
- Partners effectively with all departments to ensure delivery of on-time, high-quality deliverables that address all relevant prospective clients requirements.
- Communicates findings and recommendations in a clear and compelling manner in written and oral presentation forms.
- Sharing and importing best practices and resources with peers within broader Landor network.
- Interacts in a positive, professional and motivating manner.
People and Team
- Mentors junior team members.
- Builds partners internally across functions, working across all disciplines as an active team player.
- Seeks out personal creative growth outside expertise.
- Explores, conceptualizes and crafts design solutions.
- Establishes and ensures delivery of strategic directions from concept to production.
- May lead project work with ability to handle multiple projects/tasks at one time.
- Effectively critiques work of others and can explain design direction.
Strategic and Innovative Thinking
- Problem solves, creates ideas and assists to develop and evaluate competitive design strategies and plans.
- A sophisticated understanding of aesthetics and able to present design strategy and solutions to various audiences (including clients).
New Business Development
- Understands the importance and supports new business opportunities, events and pitch process.
Project/ Financial Management
- Supports utilization and quality across the project.
- Helps with project organisation and planning.
- Works effectively and efficiently, communicating completion of work or awaiting approval.
- Minimum 5 years’ design experience in branding/ design agency.
- Design degree or relevant design qualification.
- Works with wide range of corporate/consumer clients and across multi-channels.
- Proficient skills in Adobe Creative Suite and good working knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- Ability to deliver and identify good creative design.
- Strategic thinker able to problem solve and has a can-do attitude.
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly organized with ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities.
- £50,000 per annum
- Full-time, 9 - 5.30pm Monday to Friday
- Closing date for applications 15th January 2018