The Client Manager (CM) is responsible for achieving and maintaining client satisfaction by ensuring that projects are delivered on scope, on time, and on budget. The CM is accountable for flawless project management. A CM may be solely responsible for small accounts or brands that are part of a larger portfolio for which a Client Director is accountable. The CM may also seek ways to grow existing business and add value to other new business pursuits. The CM may manage an intern or guide/mentor a Client Associate and be teaching/training those team members about best-in-class project management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Embraces and displays passion and curiosity with all of Landor’s capabilities, including Research, Strategy, Innovation, Design, Naming/Verbal Identity, Environments, Digital, and Engagement, and recommends growth opportunities that expand Landor’s offer with his/her clients.
- Is beginning to identify new business growth opportunities that align the clients’ brand-led business challenges to Landor’s capabilities.
- Is accountable for delivering all agreed-upon projects, on time, on budget, and on scope.
- Stays in close contact with resource management and the Client Director to ensure projects are resourced adequately, in alignment with scope and budget.
- Ensures all correspondence, materials, presentations, and proposals seen by prospective and existing clients are error-free, of highest quality, relevant to the client’s business challenges, and reflective of Landor’s approach to Agile Brands.
- Partners effectively with all departments to ensure delivery of on-time, high-quality deliverables that address all relevant prospective client requirements.
- Communicates findings and recommendations in a clear and compelling manner in written, oral and presentation forms.
- Provides back-up and archiving of key client deliverables, credentials and case histories.
- Documents work through case studies.
- Interacts with colleagues and clients in a positive, professional and motivating manner.
People and Team
- Is growing his/her understanding of team interaction and roles of team members.
- Participates in workshops and other sessions to grow expertise in Experience Maps, Opportunity Mapping, and other tools to identify business opportunities and solve clients’ business challenges. Takes notes and develops minutes to document activity and actions.
- Ensures direct reports, as applicable, are exposed to these tools.
- Facilitates internal project team meetings (kick-off, status, etc.).
- Provides mentoring and on-the-job training for junior level talent. Responsible for individual performance management of direct reports, including performance appraisals and interim reviews.
- Demonstrates commitment to and adheres to project budgets. Proactively raises concerns in a timely fashion so that action can be taken to solve concerns.
- Delegates work to junior-level talent as appropriate.
- Responsible for motivating project teams.
- Constantly seeks out knowledge and active feedback and responds quickly and positively.
- Is the central point of communication on one or more brands, and is accountable for the accurate and timely flow of information between the client and the internal team. Ensures that all milestones are met. And/or partners with Client Directors as key partner for relationships owned by Client Director.
- Is accountable for delivering agreed-upon revenue and growth targets.
- Embraces business development and is building skills to identify business opportunities on existing clients.
- Collaborates with the wider team - designers, strategists, production/implementation, etc. - to agree on appropriate resources and ensure high quality deliverables are delivered on time and on budget.
- Acts as central point of contact/account lead for one or more brands.
- Participates in work sessions to grow abilities to connect the dots between client’s business challenges and Landor’s capabilities. May take notes and produce meeting minutes and follow-up action items, and then tracks and ensure actions are completed as agreed thereafter.
- Develops a deep understanding of the client’s organization and business needs.
- Builds confidence with the client that strategic solutions, project details, process steps, billings and deliverables are well organized, communicated and managed.
- Is comfortable interacting with clients at a senior level.
- Resolves work quality issues through interactions with wider team members as appropriate.
- Proactively identifies for managers any challenges with regards to project pricing, project budgets, and scope creep, and helps identify solutions.
Strategic and Innovative Thinking
- Continually growing in knowledge of and ability to identify opportunities for strategic partnership and deliverables.
- Participates in brand discussions, client workshops, brainstorms and development of strategic deliverables. May take notes and produce minutes, and be accountable for tracking and ensuring actions completion.
- Can align and articulate the link between creative work and strategic foundations and insights.
- Able to support the wider client services and strategy teams to develop and write competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Displays thought leadership and can articulate and improve Landor’s market profile.
- May be authoring thought leadership pieces (e.g. Atticus submission).
New Business Development
- Demonstrates a hunger for and supports the focus on New Business opportunities.
- Understands and demonstrates a commitment to carving out time for new business opportunities outside of owned brand relationships.
- Understands how Landor tools (e.g. Opportunity Maps, Experience Maps) can open doors to new opportunities and is beginning to identify those opportunities and raise them to managers.
- Cultivates advanced negotiation and persuasion skills within the Client Services wider team.
- May be asked to research prospective clients; background, industry trends, organizational structure, business objectives, competitors, in order to build competitive intelligence.
- Prepares Case Histories.
- Updates Client Central as requested.
- Is learning and demonstrates commitment to best-in-class project and financial management for all projects, engagements and growth opportunities.
- Is growing project management and budget management skills and uses those skills to ensure projects stay on brief, on budget, and on time.
- Partners with internal team members to ensure schedules and budgets are met. Proactively and quickly escalates challenges or hurdles to ensure that success.
- Partners with Finance for budget management on all projects, including opening project numbers, scoping accurately, managing project fees, managing time card completion, and answering invoicing questions.
- Pays close attention to and is responsible for realization and utilization for his/her team and projects.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to targets, budget allocations, and profitability. Meets individual revenue targets.
- Supports Finance Team on finance reporting, invoicing and debt collection. Prepares documents for budget meetings.
- Partners closely with Finance Director to oversee project and client revenue generation and profitability.
- Is learning to forecast. Partners with finance to forecast revenue and monthly/weekly targets. Proactively and continually monitors the business and raises challenges in a timely fashion.
- Partners with managers to recommend a course of action if client revenue targets are moving off target.
- Updates Client Central as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelors Degree.
- 3-7 years of experience in branding consultancy, advertising agency or business consultancy.
- Prior client leadership experience preferred.
Capabilities/Competencies for Success
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Exceptionally organized, with systems for tracking and managing time
- Ability to build strong relationships, internally and externally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player
- Ability to work in a high-pressure fast-moving environment
- Decisive, but respectful of and comfortable with ambiguity and changing priorities.
- Voracious hunger – for new information, for new business, for new ideas.
- Financially savvy – can articulate and understand financial goals for the business and for team members.
- Optimistic and capable of encouraging the same from others.
- Strategic and intellectual agility – can connect the dots and recommend next steps in a linear course of action
- Salary - £30,000 per annum
- Hours - Full-time, 9 - 5.30pm Monday to Friday
- Closing date for applications - 15th January 2018