PowerPoint Designer, Global
Reporting to the global project manager and under the design direction of the global Chief Creative Officer, the PowerPoint Designer will develop and design to deliver the best possible PowerPoint design solutions for the needs of the Chief Executive Officer and Global Executive Team members where required.
A strong communicator, the PowerPointdesigner is a member of the corporate team, creating presentations and collateral for the Landor brand. The PowerPoint Designer must have the ability to tell a story through a PowerPoint presentation, to bring an environment to life, to engage an audience through design communications and to help the leaders of Landor communicate their priorities to employees, clients, WPP and others.
The PowerPoint Designer must be a team player, but self-led and comfortable working autonomously without daily design direction. This diverse role provides creative freedom within a framework and high visibility to global and regional leaders. ThePowerPoint Designer must be willing to juggle multiple priorities within tight timeframes, take on new challenges, and make design recommendations to global leaders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understanding /awareness of the local aesthetic and culture when creating local and global design, e.g. type, colour issues, symbols etc. for regions
- Ensures all correspondence, materials, presentations, proposals, etc., seen by prospective and existing clients and internal clients are error-free, of highest quality and always relevant to the client’s issues
- Partners effectively with all departments to ensure delivery of on-time, high-quality deliverables that address all relevant requirements
- Sharing and importing best practices and resources with peers within broader Landor network
- Interacts in a positive, professional and motivating manner
- Minimal regional and international travel
People and Team
- Builds valuable partnerships with the C-suite as well as colleagues in other offices and departments
- Seeks out opportunities for personal creative growth by working outside area of expertise and comfort zone
- Becomes a valued team player across all disciplines within a team
- Projects include but are not limited to: developing presentations, email campaigns, event invitations, posters, videos, internal and external marketing materials
- Proficiency in all key creative software programs
- Keeps abreast of current design trends, remaining continuously curious
- Has strong conceptual abilities
- Exhibits strong creativity yet needs to understand the practicality of execution and implementation
- Has a strong sense of aesthetics
- Understands their role in the project schedule – including assigned hours and personal deadlines
- Works autonomously, efficiently and effectively
- Alerts the global project manager when tasks are complete or awaiting feedback/approval
- Proactively participates within the global team to ensure quality and satisfaction of the CEO, CCO and global executive team
- Prepares for internal and external meetings.
- Maintains and organises files and project materials
- Organises necessary resources, materials, venues, etc.
- Efficiently backs up in an organised manner on the server
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Design degree, or relevant design qualification
- Experience working as part of a project team
- Expert knowledgeand ability to design in Microsoft packages, specifically PowerPoint and Word
- Well skilled in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Adobe Acrobat).
- Additionally, any video, html or photographic art direction experience would be valued highly
- Experience of working comfortably with a range of digital design solutions
- Proven experience of design interfaces that are responsive as well as platform and device agnostic
- Engagement in online communities relevant to our industry to generate new ideas and update skills and knowledge
- Is curious, up-to-date and abreast of digital and technology transformation, clearly recognising what it means to our company and clients.
- Is personally digitally engaged (Facebook, Twitter…) e.g. what online personal branding tools used?
- Expert presentation designer
- Ability to work in a pressurized environment–multiple projects, tight deadlines and high-expectations from the C-suite
- Ability to build strong relationships, internally and externally
- Ability to work well across the Landor network–time zones, offices and cultures
- Strong communication skills
- Team player yet the ability to work autonomously as an individual contributor
- Can-do attitude
- Flexible schedule
- Highly organised