As a global leader in brand consulting and design, Landor helps clients create agile brands that thrive in today’s dynamic, disruptive marketplace. Our work enables top brands—from Barclays to BMW and Tide to Taj—to stand for something while never standing still.
Landor’s branding services include strategy and positioning, identity and design, brand architecture, prototyping, innovation, naming and verbal identity, research and analytics, environments and experiences, engagement and activation, and interactive and media design.
Founded by Walter Landor in 1941, Landor pioneered many of the research, design, and consulting methods that are now standard in the branding industry. Today, Landor has 27 offices in 21 countries, working with a broad spectrum of world-famous brands. Clients include Barclays, Bayer, BMW, BP, FedEx, GE, Intuit, Kraft Foods, Pernod Ricard, Procter & Gamble, Samsung, and Taj Group.
Landor is a member of the Young & Rubicam Group within WPP, the world's largest marketing and communications firm. For more information, please visit Landor.com and follow Landor on Facebook and Twitter.
The Junior Financial Analyst will act as a liaison between Client Services (Project Management) and the financial system, Maconomy, to ensure timely and accurate entry of client billings and project information. The Junior Financial Analyst will collaborate on various financial analysis and reporting of financial data as well as ad-hoc projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
Billing and Accounts Receivable
- Partner with Client Services to ensure that client invoices are accurate and produced in a timely manner.
- Review all billing requests and draft invoices, where necessary making corrections.
- Maintain client specific billing information and billing requests.
- Monitor AR Collection - pursue timely collection with continuous client follow ups and escalate collections issues as necessary.
Project Creation and Maintenance
- Accurately enter new project information into accounting system.
- Adjust client-billing information as requested by Client Services.
- Investigate queries regarding system errors and make corrections or notify Financial Analyst.
- Coordinate the transfer of incorrectly coded expenses and time allocations to the correct project.
- Review and verify that project requests are accurate, complete, and meet system requirements.
- Advise relevant people of the proper procedures for requesting and creating new projects.
Internal Client Relationships
- Research system-related discrepancies and make recommendations or escalate to help desk.
- Provide on-going financial and system-related support and training for Client Managers, including training all newly hired Client Managers on Landor’s client accounting processes. Document financial process changes and implement into training manual.
- Run overview, transaction, billing, aging, and weekly financial reports for Client Services.
- Review weekly reports for data accuracy and identifies exceptions to our standard business practices, advising Client Services on the proper course of action.
Qualifications and Skills
Capabilities (Success Factors)
- Problem Solving
- Customer Focus
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Time Management skills
- Minimum of 2 years account reconciliation & billing experience
- Knowledge of basic accounting/bookkeeping
- Agency experience preferred but not required
- Aptitude to understand and work with various accounting systems (Maconomy)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications